[Gmsh] Small dimension objects from CAD software - mesh generation problem

Matija Mraovic matija.mraovic at guest.arnes.si
Mon Mar 18 18:25:25 CET 2013

Hi,

There are two files:

-plane.geo is just a definition file
included in extruded.geo

-extruded.geo is the 3d geometry i would like
to mesh.

The "extruded.geo" file is the right one, "plane.geo" is just
a planar geometry, which i am then extruding to

certain z-value
(height) in extruded.geo. It seems to me you were making 2d mesh, i'm
trying to make 3d (extruded.geo).

The plane under the electrodes is
substrate (plastic, foil...) on which electrodes are actually printed. I
want to calculate

how the capacity of capacitor changes when substrate
is changed. So basically it should be as near as possible to electrodes,

but not on the same plane as electrodes. Now, I have placed it at
-1e-6 on z-axis and electrodes are at 0.0. Then I extrude

electrodes
up to 0.01mm, and substrate down to -0.06mm. I also extrude the large
bottom plane so it forms a big cube - this is the

surrounding air.

Thank you!

BR

mm

18.03.2013 17:15, je Jean-François Remacle
napisal

> Hi, I do not know if it is really wanted, but your mesh size
cl3 is very small, which makes
> the plane under the electrodes
extremely finely meshed. I have changed it ti 1 mm.
> Second, the plane
that is drawn on the electrodes is the same as the one where the
electrodes are.
> Is it normal ? If not, I have created 3 surfaces and
this is what I get

> Le 18 mars 2013 à 11:02, Matija Mraovic
<matija.mraovic at guest.arnes.si [1]> a écrit :

Prof. Jean-Francois Remacle
> Universite catholique de Louvain (UCL)

Ecole Polytechnique de Louvain (EPL) - Louvain School of Engineering

Institute of Mechanics, Materials and Civil Engineering (iMMC)
> Center
for Systems Engineering and Applied Mechanics (CESAME)
> Tel :
+32-10-472352 -- Mobile : +32-473-909930

Links:
------
[1]
mailto:matija.mraovic at guest.arnes.si