[Gmsh] Adaptive meshing with pos file as background mesh

Rahit R.Nair rahit.r.nair at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:06:34 CEST 2013

I am currently working on a structure where after meshing, I am reading in
the mesh and then I want to refine it at selected areas. I am following
tutorial13 to read in the mesh and then specifying the background mesh as
given in tutorial7. I am attaching the files.

The problem I am facing is that even when I use the same old mesh as the
background mesh the new mesh generated is refined more (more elements). How
can I read in the mesh and then remesh it such that I obtain the same
original mesh unless I want refinement at particular points that I define
in the background mesh?

Thanks in advance
Rahit