[Gmsh] Structured meshing

F. A. Portela felipe.alves.portela at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:59:21 CEST 2013

Hi Muhammad,

The transfinite algo can only mesh 3 or 4-sided geometries (as the error
indicates when you open try8.geo). I suggest you split your geometry into
rectangles (should be straight-forward in your case) and it should work. I
attached the .geo with the changes I mentioned (I commented out the
unnecessary lines you had before). This might not be the most
straightforward way to do this though, but it works.

About using the mesh in OpenFOAM: to apply boundary conditions you will
have to have defined surfaces as "Physical" within Gmsh (e.g. by doing
Physical Surface ("inlet") = {1,2,3}), you will have to use the same names
in OpenFOAM. For the inner cells you will need a physical volume (I called
it "volume" in your try8.geo). If you need to use periodic conditions then
you have to do some other changes, so let me know if this is the case!

Cheers,
Felipe

--
Felipe Alves Portela
MSc student in Aerospace Eng. at TU Delft