[Gmsh] saving volume mesh

Madehkhaksar, F. (Forough) F.Madehkhaksar at uu.nl
Mon May 27 10:26:09 CEST 2013

Dear Professor Geuzaine,

I need to create volume mesh by using surface stl for a biomechanical purpose. I followed the procedure in "sphere-discrete" demo and made 3D mesh. But after importing generated mesh in FEMsolver (FEbio in my case) there is nothing except nodes and elements information. It seems it is not saved as an object with surfaces and lines. So I can't apply constraint and loads to solve FEM problem. I guess there is something wrong with saving mesh information but I could not find it. May I ask you to help me with this problem?
attachement is stl surface, script related to create volume mesh and generated mesh. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,

Forough MadehKhaksar, Ph.D. Researcher
Department of Information and Computing Sciences, Utrecht University
Games and Virtual Worlds research group
Princetonplein 5, 3584 CC Utrecht, The Netherlands
E-mail: F.Madehkhaksar at uu.nl