[Gmsh] Dimensions in Gmsh & 3th parties software ...

F. A. Portela felipe.alves.portela at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 14:11:56 CEST 2013

Hi Cris,

After using *gmshToFoam* your channel should have a height of 1186.84 m
(since, as far as I know, Gmsh doesn't distinguish units); you can check
this by running the *checkMesh* utility and looking at the "Overall domain
bounding box" line.

You can scale the whole mesh using the utility
transformPoints<http://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/TransformPoints>
with
the "-scale" option. (there a thread on this topic
here<http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-meshing-open/72332-gmsh-units.html>
)

I assume you should also be able to do this within Gmsh using the *Dilate*
 transformation.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Felipe

--
Felipe Alves Portela
MSc student in Aerospace Eng. at TU Delft