[Gmsh] Deleting elements

Rene Schneider rene.schneider at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jul 8 06:55:19 CEST 2013

Hello Kiran

On 07/06/2013 08:41 PM, Kiran Chandra wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to generate a 3D mesh. To this end, I generate a 2D mesh
> and then extrude it.
> However, while exporting, I want to delete all the 2D elements, renumber
> the remaining 3D mesh and export it. Can this be done?
> (I use my own code for the analysis and I do not know how to automate
> the renumbering in my code.)
> thanks in advance

I suggest you define your volume to be a "physical volume". Once any
physical items are present in the geometry, only those physical items
are exported in the mesh. I.e. if you don't mark the boundary as
physical as well, the triangles of the boundary will not be exported
separately.

Hope this helps.

Rene

       Dr. Rene Schneider