[Gmsh] crash on 3D meshing (AW: Anisiotropic mesh in stacked layers)

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jul 11 22:57:37 CEST 2013

Hi Matthias,

There are two separate problems:

1) Currently MMG3D does not like having internal surfaces in the volume. Attached is a file with a single volume, which works ok.

@JF : have you tried MMG3D in such cases with internal surfaces?

2) "h2 / 100" pushes the initial tetrahedralization to the limit; h2/90 works fine over here.

All of this is still very experimental, though. It all needs to be tested and documented.

Thanks for the feedback!