[Gmsh] Crash at mesh3d for layred structure

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Mon Jul 15 10:39:31 CEST 2013

Hi,

problem solved: since now I am not using the MathEvalAniso field any more, but a Threshold Field, I don't need the MMG3D algorithm. I can create a 2D mesh with the Bamg algorithm and do the 3D meshing with Delaunay, Frontal or the like. This is not anisotropic, but is OK for the current application.

Nevertheless I hope that MMG3D will be available for volumes with internal boundaries so that real anisotropic meshes can be created directly.
In the meantime, I use a trick consisting in blowing up the geometry anisotropically (e.g. in z direction), meshing isotropically and reshrinking the mesh to the original size of the geometry.

Matthias