[Gmsh] python4gmsh

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 04:02:02 CEST 2013

Hi all,

for a while now, I've been somewhat dissatisfied with Gmsh's scripting
interface and I finally took some time write a Python "interface",
python4gmsh <https://github.com/nschloe/python4gmsh>. I'm using quotes here
since python4gmsh is really just a thin layer that spits out Gmsh code
which can be fed into Gmsh to create meshes. So far it consists of a
`basic` module that imitates Gmsh commands, and an `extra` module that
provides convenience functions for basic geometric objects (balls, boxes,
tori,...).

It's already been a considerable time-saver for me, so I figured it might
be for some of you as well. Feel free to fetch the code from Github (about
300 lines total now) and play around with it; comments, suggestions, and
especially pull requests are welcome.

Cheers,
Nico