[Gmsh] Customizing Mesh file

Shobhit Jain shobhitlives at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 07:18:39 CET 2013

Hi,
I'm new to GMSH and am trying to use it to mesh some geometries for
preprocessing and solving on a MATLAB FE code. I wanted to give different
physical groups to elements which should be of different materials and
return the total no. of physical groups in the mesh file generated so that
I can loop the reading of those groups and assign material properties in
matlab. Is it possible to add such kind of output in the msh file generated
by gmsh ?

If someone has an alternative to my method, that's also welcome.

Thanks