[Gmsh] Problem generating a hole inside a volume

Mauricio Vinassa mvinassa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 18:57:05 CET 2014

Hello and thank you Dr Matthias for your help

I need to generate a volume that has inside other two perpendicular
volumes, which also need to be meshed. I tried to do this defining each of
the interior volume independently and the create the exterior volume with a
hole inside.

I am not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I can't generate the 3D
mesh, neither changing geometries nor changing 3D mesh algorithm. I avoid
crossing surfaces but still can't get it.

I have attached the .geo file, which is a simplification of my model, with
the surface loops and volumes.

If you can take a look at it and see if you can find where is the problem I
would be very grateful, at this time I don't know what else to try.

Mauricio