[Gmsh] Error : Self intersecting surface mesh, computing intersections (this could take a while)

Roman Fratczak fratczakroman at o2.pl
Tue Mar 11 11:47:58 CET 2014

Hello Steffen,

Yes. You can try to the first Optimize quality of tetra, or all of them
(just try).

I don't know how your model looks like. If the elements on the surface
are too big, then the solid elements (probably tetragonal) may be with
intersecting edges or faces. Therefore the reducing size of element may
help (especially on the surfaces).

Or- just share your model (ply) -in order to be more precise.

regards
Roman