[Gmsh] Error : Self intersecting surface mesh, computing intersections (this could take a while)

Roman Fratczak fratczakroman at o2.pl
Tue Mar 11 14:33:41 CET 2014

Hello,

It is possible, that you will get your geometry in other format?
In your "ply" there is already a surface mesh given. Try maybe use STEP,
IGES,...  as input- then it is easer to recalculate the surface mesh.

In case of need of usage of "a dead mesh" - maybe try first to remesh it
(i.e. in blender with modification Remesh) and/or clean it (removing
double vertexes and edges).

regards
Roman