[Gmsh] structured field read error

Kopera, Michal FORNATL, PL, Contractor, NRC makopera at nps.edu
Tue Sep 30 00:41:54 CEST 2014

I get an error while reading in the structured field file, which I generated according to the manual specifications (I believe). Gmsh is crashing when I select the structured file to read in using GUI, or gives me an error message if I type the file name by hand. Could you please advise me what I do wrong, or ideally provide with a working example?

Here is my structured file:

-10.0 -10.0 0.0
20.0 20.0 1.0
2 2 2
500.0 500.0
500.0 500.0
400.0 400.0
400.0 400.0

Here is the manpage entry:

Structured
Linearly interpolate between data provided on a 3D rectangular structured grid.

The format of the input file is:

Ox Oy Oz
Dx Dy Dz
nx ny nz
v(0,0,0) v(0,0,1) v(0,0,2) ...
v(0,1,0) v(0,1,1) v(0,1,2) ...
v(0,2,0) v(0,2,1) v(0,2,2) ...
... ... ...
v(1,0,0) ... ...

where O are the coordinates of the first node, D are the distances between nodes in each direction, n are the numbers of nodes in each direction, and v are the values on each node.

FileName
Name of the input file
type: path
default value: ""
OutsideValue
Value of the field outside the grid (only used if the "SetOutsideValue" option is true).
type: float
default value: 0
SetOutsideValue
True to use the "OutsideValue" option. If False, the last values of the grid are used.
type: boolean
default value: 0
TextFormat
True for ASCII input files, false for binary files (4 bite signed integers for n, double precision floating points for v, D and O)
type: boolean
default value: 0
Thanks!

Michal Kopera