[Gmsh] 2D mesh generation question with Gmsh

Jose A. Abell M. jaabell at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 5 23:19:03 CET 2015

Hey fellow CEE Aggie!

It depends a lot on the meshing algorithm you pick. If you need stability
in meshing you could use the structured algorithms (transfinite meshes).
I use them frequently to generate nice structured meshes.

As to what causes the different structure. No idea. Try the different
unstructured meshing algorithms (Mesh Adapt, Delaunay, Frontal) and see if
they all have that feature.

Regards,
José Abell

--