[Gmsh] Unsolved problem! mesh cannot adapt from fine to coarse in a simple 2D geo

ryan kim realnumeric at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 23:43:17 CEST 2015

Hi German and gmsh team,

Thanks for the discussion.
This manual point adding can play the trick for this problem but it is "*not
a systematic"* way to apply. For a general irregular geometry, to
automatically add this point or even a number of points in the empty area
is a problem! I expect gmsh has the feature to make this fine to coarse
transition. However, I dig deep into gmsh literature and did not find *this
feature to have fine mesh ONLY around the small geometry*.

I hope gmsh team can confirm this with me, or advise someway to achieve
this other than the trick to insert point in empty area manually.

Thanks,
Kim