[Gmsh] gmsh Digest, Vol 148, Issue 12 (Create prismatic layer around imported *.stl file; Kate Eisenhower)

look mlook at me.com
Tue May 19 07:53:45 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

I hope it works now.

I have attatched a stripped down case of the problem. You will find the *.geo file as well as the *.stl file in the compressed folder. Your remark seems to imply I need to get the id number of the faces I want to extrude directly from my *.stl file. Are the faces consecutively numbered? I guess not, because gmsh doesn’t accept identification numbers like 0, 1, 2 or 3. I think the problem is I just do not know how to “activate“ my stl in gmsh.

Best regards,

Kate

p.s.: Frankly, I don’t really know to which mail address I should send my replies to.