[Gmsh] Updating multiple runtime views
nnnunnn at gmail.com
Thu May 28 22:16:40 CEST 2015
I need help plotting multiple timesteps for multiple views at runtime.
We use the gmsh Onelab gui to launch a team of mpi procs. During a
simulation proc manages sendMergeFileRequest() to send solution data to
gmsh for plotting.
All works fine for a single view, e.g. a set of slice-planes. But at each
timestep, I'd like to update a second view - say the solution on boundary
We can do this manually by writing data for each view to files, then in
1. Open+merge all the field timesteps
2. Open+merge all the boundary timesteps
Question is: how to do this programatically at runtime?
I'm thinking we could do something like this:
- open View, load geometry and solution data for first field slice
- open View, load geometry and solution data for first boundary plot
then for each timestep,
- activate View, merge data for next field slice
- activate View, merge data for next boundary plot
If this is possible, can someone please help with the syntax?
Here's the code we currently use for sending each timestep:
FILE *fp1 = fopen("PlotView.pos", "w");
fprintf(fp1, "View.Visible = 0; \n");
fprintf(fp1, "Merge \"%s\";\n", slice_file.c_str());
fprintf(fp1, "View.ShowTime = 1;\n");
fprintf(fp1, "Combine Views;\n");
fprintf(fp1, "View.Visible = 1;\n");
Thanks (hope this makes sense!)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gmsh