[Gmsh] Undefined reference when building Gmsh with OpenCascade under Windows

Xin Liu lambert8809 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:53:37 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I want to compile Gmsh with OpenCascade on windows using Cmake-GUI and
codeblocks-13.12mingw. I install OpenCascade with “Windows installer:
opencascade-6.7.1.exe” which directly download from
http://www.opencascade.org/getocc/download/occarchives/loadocc671/ . After
installed OpenCascade, there are many folders in …/opencascade-6.7.1 . I
think Gmsh will only use the header files and .a files, so I put all head
files and .a files into inc file, and specify this path in Cmake_GUI
“CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH”.  Now it can Configure and Generate gmsh.cbp without
any errors.

Then I use CodeBlocks to build gmsh.cbp, and it can compiler all the files.
But after compiling, it gives me a lot of “undefined references” errors
messages, I think the problem is that I didn’t link header files
with .a files properly, but even I set linker to the path where I put .a
files, it still gives me the same error messages. I have no idea about how
to handle this problem, and I cannot find much information of how to
compile Gmsh with OpenCascade under windows system.

I would really appreciate it if someone can give me some advice.

Best Regrads,

--------

Xin Liu
Aero & Astro Engineering