[Gmsh] Discussion: mesh changes on ruled surface, not on extruded or plane surface.

ryan kim realnumeric at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 04:59:13 CEST 2015

Hi Prof. Geuzaine and gmsh team,

I notice something interesting. I use example t1.geo and extrude that plane
to a cube. The 2D mesh on the original surface and extruded surface do not
change when I click 2D mesh button again. However, the mesh on the 4 side
ruled surfaces will change when I do 2D mesh again. When this random
mechanism will be triggered? I thought once the geometry is defined the
mesh will be fixed in different run click. If it is not fixed, it brings me
big problem when I try to parallelize gmsh execution.

Please share some point on this. Thanks!

Kim