[Gmsh] Generation of grids that satisfy reflection symmetry

moritz braun moritz.braun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:32:17 CEST 2015

Dear All

For my nascent molecular finite element code I am looking
for a way to ensure, that the surface meshes
used as starting point for volume grids are as symmetrical as possible.
This is preferable, since it will preserve parity or other quantum numbers
with high numerical accuracy.
In the moment I generating the  Muffin Tin like mesh
via specifying a size parameter  that depends on the distance
from the nucleus.
To improve the symmetry I should maybe start from
pre computed surface meshes for the inner and outer surfaces
that are obtained via systematic tesselation of the unit sphere
etc.

Any pointers on how to do this will be appreciated.

regards

Moritz

--
Prof M Braun         Tel.:27-12-4298006/8027
Physics Department  Fax.: 27-12-4293643
moritz.braun at gmail.com
P.O. Box 392
0003