[Gmsh] meshing circular inclusions with desired element size

Nguyen Vinh Phu nvinhphu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:47:31 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I have a square domain with a number of circular inclusions. For each inclusion, I normally define 5 points with the same characteristic length. This resulted in a mesh where the inclusions are finely discretised which is not what I need since the inclusions are only elastic in my FE simulations.

What I need to achieve is a mesh which is refined around the inclusion boundaries not within them. I heard and read the documentation about  background meshes but I really do not know how to get what I need.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Phu