[Gmsh] GMSH and MED compilation in Cygwin environment

Pierre Juillard pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:40:29 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have heard that windows version of GMSH is compiled in Cygwin.
If that is true, and knowing that GMSH is interfaced with MED library
to read MED files, I would like to know how MED library is obtained to
compile GMSH in Cygwin?

I guess MED sources are compiled first in a Cygwin environement.
As I am actually trying to do so without success, I would like to know
if MED sources have to be modified?

If so, please, could someone indicate me where I could find the
modified MED sources to be able to compile it in a Cygwin environment?

If I am wrong, but that GMSH is indeed compiled in a Cygwin
environment, please could you indicate me how is managed the link with
MED library?

I thank you in advance for yourhelp.
Best regards,

Pierre