[Gmsh] meshing higher order elements on compound surfaces fail

postanmichel at yahoo.com postanmichel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 21:46:27 CET 2015

Hello,
I am not able to to mesh compound surfaces with higher order elements.
My current model crashes as soon as the first compound surface is
meshed. Terminal output: "Info    : Meshing surface 10002 order 2"
On Windows 7 an error window occurs saying gmsh.exe has stopped working.

So I thought it is most likely my imported CAD model. But I run into the
very same crash with the tutorial file (t12.geo).
Running "gmsh -2 -order 2 t12.geo" results in a crash at the compound
surface. Terminal output:
"Info    : Meshing surface 200 order 2"
Again on Windows 7 an error window occurs saying gmsh.exe has stopped
working.
Debian 8 says  "segmentation fault".

I tested on Windows and Debian with the binaries with current stable
release (Gmsh version 2.10.1).

Can anybody help on that matter?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards