[Gmsh] remeshing an stl file using the gmsh API

Lanz Natanael lanz at iwf.mavt.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 12 10:47:44 CET 2015

Hello,

We are developing an application in Windows in which an stl file, representing the a surface mesh of a certain geometry, is computed. Out of this stl information a volume mesh shall be computed using gmsh.

To integrate gmsh in our application I successfully compiled the gmsh library an linked it to our application.

What I need to do now is, to convert the remeshing steps shown in the attached .geo file to the C++ gmsh API. Can you give me any hint or example how this can be solved? I also attached the corresponding stl surface mesh. Any help would be very appreciated! So thank you in advance!!

Best regards,

Natanael Lanz
MSc Masch. Ing. ETH

IWF ETH Zürich