[Gmsh] Onelab, Install, Setup as Remote Server

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:58:43 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I'm finally getting a Onelab-able computer.  I want to set up Onelab but
don't want to install it as a whole virtual box.  I'd rather just have it
resident as cooperating applications, ultimately including Elmer in
addition to GetDP.

It looks like there is an option to download the Gmsh and GetDP as just
that: the Onelab bundle not as a virtual box app, but I'll probably need a
bit of help knowing how it works and integrating Elmer at some point.

My intention, which I've mentioned before here, is to use all of this
software as a server remotely accessed over a socket.  In other words,
sending all CAD statements, meshing commands and solving commands over a
socket to the server and receiving the output in the usual graphical
Xwindow.

That includes sending elemental stuff like this:

Line Loop(5) = {1,2,3,4};
Plane Surface(6) = {5};

To Gmsh and seeing the output drawn in real time.

The idea is to integrate Onelab into another software development project
as seamlessly as possible. Has anybody done this sort of thing?

Sincerely,

-Todd