[Gmsh] gmsh slow at drawing

Giuntoli Guido Alfredo ggiuntoli at tecna.com
Wed Jul 27 14:30:02 CEST 2016

Hi ! I want to extrude a surface like "geometry.jpg". The problem is that when I extrude and open the GUI interface, gmsh becomes very slow drawing the 3D geometry (in "geometry1.jpg" I extruded some of these surface elements). I think that the problem here is the huge quantity of definitions that are in the .geo file. As you can see in the figure "geometry.jpg" each quadrilateral is a different physical entity. What can I do to solve my problem ? I mean, draw the geometry in a reasonable time  (in my case each quadrilateral should be extruded 20 times because I should define different phisical entities in the z axis.

Thanks, Guido.