[Gmsh] gmsh slow at drawing

German Theler gtheler at seamplex.com
Mon Aug 1 13:15:55 CEST 2016

Hi Guido

You did not share the geo file so we cannot tell much. Nevertheless, if
you want to use milonga with this mesh and extrude 20 times each
individual channel, you are missing the design basis of the code. Each
channel is a single physical entity, not twenty different ones.

On the other hand, I think you may get a better performance by
generating the geometry in FreeCAD using its Python interface, then
connecting the solids to obtain a CompSolid (perhaps Bernd can help you
better than myself) and then finally mesh in Gmsh.

See the post that coincidentally Bernd shared last week:

http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16750&p=132256