[Gmsh] Creating a spherical hole inside a volume [Files attached for testing]

Prithivirajan V prithivi.purdue at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 03:22:57 CET 2017

Hello all,

My objective is to create the spherical hole inside a volume. I have 2 STL
files(see attached) as inputs. The complication is that the spherical hole
intersects the two other existing volumes and it is not contained entirely
in either one of the volumes.

I tried two approaches both of them were a failure (geo files are attached
for both) :

*Approach 1 :*

I used the merge command and then I created a spherical volume  and
performed meshing. The issue is the sphere is getting meshed separately
without any relation to the other 2 volumes.

*Approach 2 :*
First , I created an STL file of the spherical void separately. Now I used
merge command on all 3 STL files. Now i am getting intersections which I am
unable to resolve.

*I have been stuck here for a while in this, your help would be greatly
appreciated*!!!!

Thanks,
Prithivi