[Gmsh] Issue with multiple fields ( attractor and thresholds)

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Thu Apr 27 08:19:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

The Background Field = <field_id> ; command is used to declare that field <field_id> should be used to set the local mesh size. Therefore, the result you get is perfectly normal : as you set field 4 to be used as background, all refinement information that should come from field 2 is simply never applied. To combine the effect of fields 2 and 4, use a Min field, like in Gmsh tutorial 10<http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#t10_002egeo>. By declaring field 5 that is the minimum of field 2 and 4 and then applying 5 as the background field, you will get the refinement of field 2 and 4 combined.

Faithfully Yours,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>