[Gmsh] boolean partitioning

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue May 2 23:38:04 CEST 2017

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I think that a combination of BooleanFragments and embedded surfaces should do what you want:

SetFactory("OpenCASCADE");
Block(1) = {-0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1};
// intersecting:
Rectangle(7) = {0.4, 0.7, 0.2, 0.3, 0.3, 0};
Rectangle(8) = {-0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.3, 0.3, 0};
Rectangle(9) = {0.8, -0.2, 0.5, 0.3, 0.3, 0};
BooleanFragments{ Volume{1}; Delete; }{ Surface{7:9}; Delete; }
// fully inside
Rectangle(30) = {0.3, 0.3, 0.5, 0.3, 0.3, 0};
Surface {30} In Volume{1};

Christophe