[Gmsh] Illegal Instructions

m.schoening at e-und-a.ch m.schoening at e-und-a.ch
Thu Jun 22 15:21:53 CEST 2017

Dear List,

I get an "Illegal Instructions" error in gmsh 3.0.2 when trying to mesh 2d
models. The meshing is possible with version 2.16.

The error only occurs on some computers on our cluster system, but on
these computers, the error is reproducible.

Here are the processors, where the error occurs:

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor @ 3Ghz

The error does not occur on the following processors:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v3 @ 2.60GHz
AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6220 3.00GHz
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Intel Core2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz

Best regards,

ppa. Marc C. Schöning
Dr.-Ing.
Leiter Forschung & Entwicklung / Head of R&D
Mitglied der Geschäftsleitung / Member of the Management
e+a
Elektromaschinen und Antriebe AG
Bachstrasse 10
4313 Moehlin
SWITZERLAND
Phone +41 61 855 92 92
Fax +41 61 855 92 99
Mail m.schoening at e-und-a.ch

http://www.e-und-a.ch

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This communication and the information it contains is
intended for the person(s) or organisation(s) named
above and no other person(s) or organisation(s) and
may be confidential, legally privileged and protected
by law. Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any
of it may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact us immediately
by email, telephone or facsimile. We will be happy to
accept a reversed charge call (call collect).