[Gmsh] Mesh a 3D CAD drawing with a constant sized pattern

Moret Michaël michael.moret at epfl.ch
Tue Jun 27 17:09:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

I’ve been through the documentation, but I’m having a hard time figuring out if I can do the following:

I need to mesh a 3D CAD drawing (I guess from FreeCAD or an equivalent software) with a given pattern (e.g. tetrahedron) of constant size (i.e. all elements of the mesh would need to have the same size). I would need to be able to define the geometry of the pattern (edges length, vertices, etc). Of course, with that setting the boundary of the object will only be approximate, but that’s fine.

Thank you,
Michael