[Gmsh] DoMeshGRegion function on 2D Geometry

phillip mobley phillipmobley2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 05:04:48 CEST 2017

Hello all,

I was going through the source and I saw that in the 2D mesher, there is a
line that will iterate over the regions and call a function called
doMeshGRegion on each iterator. At first, I was surprised but I later
realized that you could mesh the surface of a 3D geometry. And since 3D
comprises GRegions, this makes sense.

Now, I am wondering, if a user is strictly dealing with a 2D geometry in
the xy plane, will the function meshGRegion ever get called? I should note
that this line of code is within a std::for_each() statement. So, will
there be 0 GRegions within the geometry for a strictly 2D mesh?