[Gmsh] Interpolating mesh values

Mayank Jog mayankjog at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:41:10 CET 2017

Hello,
I've started using gmsh recently, and I wonder if there is a functionality
to interpolate data.

I have a mesh, and a value associated with each element of the mesh
(electric potential)*.
I want to use this mesh to calculate the value of the electric potential on
a uniform cartesian grid specified by points (= (x, y, z) ; known in
millimeters; = same unit as in $nodes)

I'm guessing some sort of interpolation is needed...how would I go about
it?

I tried using MATLAB functions to interpolate, but they all use
triangulation techniques which work for convex volumes. My volume is
non-convex (it has a U-shape)...how would I do the interpolation? Does gmsh
have a function to interpolate?

Thank you,
Mayank

*I have the  original mesh (containing $nodes, $elements, and $elementdata)
in .msh format.