[Gmsh] How to select Pre/Post processing entity by location?

andrew armitatz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:53:49 CET 2017

I am glad it helped a bit.

For extrusion hints you can see the tutorial of openfoam and gmsh
https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/2D_Mesh_Tutorial_using_GMSH
It gives some info for the extrusion vectors.

If you change the function in my files you can create functions for a few
elementary geometrical entities. Unfortunately selecting elements according
to geometry is a bit tricky in gmsh.
You can get the elements in an array and sweep in the array. This way you
can select the elements according to their coordinates with any criteria
you like.

For example in my file it goes

For PlaneFilter_jj In {0:#PlaneFilter_Surfaces[]-1}          <------- SWEEP
SURFACES
  PlaneFilter_n[]=PointsOf{Surface{PlaneFilter_Surfaces[PlaneFilter_jj]};};
    <----------- GET ALL POINTS OF SURFACE
  PlaneFilter_nn=#PlaneFilter_n[];
  PlaneFilter_cc=0;
  For PlaneFilter_kk In {0:#PlaneFilter_n[]-1}      <--------- SWEEP POINTS
IN SURFACE
    PlaneFilter_pn[]=Point{PlaneFilter_n[PlaneFilter_kk]};
 PlaneFilter_px=PlaneFilter_pn[0];          <------- COORDINATES
 PlaneFilter_py=PlaneFilter_pn[1];
 PlaneFilter_pz=PlaneFilter_pn[2];

the two nested loops are for getting the points and their coordinates.
After that you can filter them any way you like...