[Gmsh] Slow opening with multiple opencascade geometries

andrew armitatz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:47:24 CET 2018

The time needed for Boolean operations does grow with the opencascade
model. I have noticed that behavior with Salome too.

One solution I found was to treat the geometries with a binary tree logic.
Instead of
final_obj=cut (obj1) with obj(2,3,4,5)
to do
temp_obj1=cut obj1 with obj2,3
temp_obj2=cut obj1 with obj4,5
final_obj=cut temp_obj1 with temp_obj2

or something like that. It increases the complexity of the coding but it
gets there faster. I had done these tests with Salome but since it uses the
same geometry model I believe that the results hold with gmsh as well

kind regards

Andrew