[Gmsh] Unable to load STL files

Octavio Castillo Reyes ocastilloreyes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:14:36 CET 2018

Dear all,

I'm trying to build a tetrahedral mesh using 3 STL surfaces. Once STL have
been built, I imported to gmsh by using "merge" option. However, there is
nothing visible in gmsh gui. Further, there are not warnings or errors:

Info    : -------------------------------------------------------
Info    : Gmsh version   : 3.0.6
Info    : Build OS       : Linux64
Info    : Build options  : 64Bit Ann Bamg Bfgs Blas(Generic) Blossom C++11
Chaco DIntegration Dlopen Fltk Gmm Jpeg(Fltk) Kbipack Lapack(Generic)
LinuxJoystick MathEx Med Mesh Metis Mmg3d Mpeg Netgen ONELAB
ONELABMetamodel OpenCASCADE OpenGL OptHom PETSc Parser Plugins Png(Fltk)
Post SLEPc Solver Taucs TetGen/BR Tetgen1.5 Voro3D Zlib
Info    : Build date     : 20171105
Info    : Build host     : gmsh.info
Info    : Packager       : gitlab-runner
Info    : Executable     : /home/ocastillo/Apps/gmsh-3.0.6-Linux64/bin/gmsh
Info    : Home directory : /home/ocastillo/
Info    : Launch date    : Mon Jan 29 17:11:48 2018
Info    : Command line   :
/home/ocastillo/Apps/gmsh-3.0.6-Linux64/bin/./gmsh
Info    : -------------------------------------------------------
Info    : Reading
'/home/ocastillo/Documents/Meetings/GMSH/3D_model/Mesh/Test1.stl'...
Info    : 3042 facets in solid 0
Info    : Done reading
'/home/ocastillo/Documents/Meetings/GMSH/3D_model/Mesh/Test1.stl'

Can you give some hints in order to solve my problem. Attached to this mail
there are two stl examples:

1. Test1.stl -- built directly from Matlab
2. Test2.stl -- built from meshlab

Thanks in advance

Best regards

O.