[Gmsh] Two post-processing views: one as displacement one as vector field

Tomasz Koziara t.koziara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:35:30 CEST 2018

Dear Christophe,

Thank you for answering:) Here is a link
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0n3jb7tmidhkfg/spring_chain0.zip?dl=0> to a
zipped MED file (do let me know in case the download doesn't work). It is
an animation of a chain of cubes undergoing rigid motion. It includes
several vector and scalar fields spanned on the mesh.

When I untick all views, but 'displ', and select 'Vector field
display'->'Displacement' then I can animate the motion with 'displ'
magnitude coloured on top of that:) If you could show me how to animate
'displ' as displacements, while displaying 'linvel' magnitude on the
displaced mesh instead, that would be helpful:)

Also it would be nice to learn how to:

* display individual components of vector fields as colour maps on the
displaced mesh,
* display animated vector fields on the displaced mesh instead of the
reference mesh.

Thank you:)
Tomek