[Gmsh] .step file editing

Marco Tiberga M.Tiberga at tudelft.nl
Mon May 14 16:15:45 CEST 2018

Dear GMSH developers,

I was looking into the GMSH reference manual to see whether it is possible to read .STEP files, to edit them, and/or to export them to .geo format.
I guess that the FAQ 4 in Appendix E.4 answers my questions.

However, it is not clear to me whether we can or not delete entities, after merging a .STEP file into a .geo one (this feature is both indicated as something already available and something coming in a later release).
Also, I was wondering whether the possibility export .STEP files to .geo format is actually something coming in the near-future releases or later.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Best regards,

Marco Tiberga
PhD candidate
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences
Radiation Science & Technology Department
Mekelweg 15, 2629 JB Delft, The Netherlands
E-Mail: m.tiberga at tudelft.nl<mailto:m.tiberga at tudelft.nl>
Website: http://www.nera.rst.tudelft.nl/