[Gmsh] coherence tetra and hexa mesh

gerard.fleury at inrs.fr gerard.fleury at inrs.fr
Thu Jun 28 15:14:55 CEST 2018

Hi,

I like using Gmsh and I have recently discovered the version 3.0 with the
new capabilities offered by OpenCascade.

I use it but there is an issue I never managed to fix, namely how to mesh
a volume with a mix of tetrahedra and hexahedra.

Please, find attached, a simple example to illustrate my question.

Is it possible to make coherent both meshes, ie; the tetrahedral mesh of
the sphere and the hexahedral mesh of the cube?

I have read in the documentation about the QuadTri Algorithm but I never
managed to make it rum. Is this the way to follow or are there other
commands available in Gmsh?

I would be very grateful for any help and/or suggestions.

Kind regards

Gérard