[Gmsh] Structured meshes inside unstructured ones

Samuel Ingarfield sam at sjfi.net
Wed Aug 8 09:41:14 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty using Gmsh to generate mixed meshes which
contain cylindrical structured meshes (produced through extrusion of a
plane about an axis) within a larger domain which I would like to mesh
using an unstructured algorithm.

To illustrate the problem, I have attached a .geo file which contains one
such geometry. Trying to mesh this geometry gives an error reporting that
there are no tetrahedra in the volume, but offers no further information on
what is wrong.

If anyone can offer any pointers on how to get this working, it would be
very helpful.

Thanks
Sam.