[Gmsh] Stress on Gauss Points

Max Orok morok at mevex.com
Thu Feb 14 16:56:03 CET 2019

Hi Gaetano,

I think this script will work with Anaconda -> you'll need to make sure the
gmsh package is installed and that it is a compatible version (< 4.0).
The reason I'm using python is to call gmsh functions, but these are also
available in Julia, a language more similar to MATLAB I believe.

For the displacement, does it seem like it aligns? I don't want to make a
mistake in interpreting the data.

Jeremy,

You're right, there isn't any explicit averaging going on, it just goes
through all the nodes and assigns values based on their number.
After assigning I trusted Gmsh to display them nicely :):)

This does mean that node data values are set multiple times -> to the same
value (magnitude at least).
A lot of the data on each row is duplicated elsewhere in the file, my idea
was that if the elements were ordered correctly, the
repeated overwrite wouldn't matter as long as the overwrite contained the
same number.

Sincerely,
Max