[Gmsh] Strange meshing behaviour

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Wed Mar 11 13:42:18 CET 2020

Hi Peter,

Interesting. This seems to be a problem with the generation of the geometry, not the meshing.

Attached is the .brep file of the buggy surface (debugSurface.brep):

- the OpenCASCADE representation is wrong (see attached picture of the OpenCASCADE-produced STL triangulation), which seems to indicate that the parametric representation is wrong

- the surface also leads to an incorrect mesh with Gmsh 4.4.1

I would suggest to send the "debugSurface.brep" file to the OpenCASCADE developers for further analysis?