[Gmsh] Increase number of nodes

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Tue Mar 24 10:50:00 CET 2020

> On 24 Mar 2020, at 08:07, Silvia Ceccacci (HDR) <silvia.ceccacci at hdr.mq.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> You can find attached the mesh I am working on (sphere.png). Is it possible to increase the number of nodes of the mesh (manually)? In particular, around the inner sphere (which seems to be not as well defined as the outer one)?

Of course: see http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Specifying-mesh-element-sizes

In your case you could e.g. do

Characteristic Length{ PointsOf{ Volume{1}; } } = 0.1;
Characteristic Length{ PointsOf{ Volume{2}; } } = 0.01;

I would recommend looking at the documentation and the numerous examples (in particular the tutorials) before sending questions to the mailing list.

Christophe