[Gmsh] Python API (with Anaconda)

paul francedixhuit paul18fr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:23:09 CET 2020

Hi All

>From scracth, I'm trying to use the gmsh Python API under Anaconda +
spyder; I downloaded and installed the latest gmsh SDK release.

Wherever I did (export PYTHONPATH in the .bashrc file or  path
explicitly added in the python file, even running the API in commandline),
I got the same following error.

Is the mistake coming from my configuration? is the trouble coming from
the Anaconda Python release? anything else?

Thanks for any advice

Paul

## add in the "t1.py" file
import sys
sys.path.append('/opt/gmsh_dev/lib')
import gmsh

## Gmsh error
  File "/home/paul/Gmsh/tutos/t1.py", line 13, in <module>
    gmsh.initialize()

  File "/home/paul/Gmsh/tutos/gmsh.py", line 197, in initialize
    lib.gmshInitialize(

  File "/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 361, in
__getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)

  File "/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 366, in
__getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))

AttributeError: /opt/anaconda3/bin/python: undefined symbol: gmshInitialize