[Gmsh] Getting rid of small faces and features

Hannes Kröger hannes at kroegeronline.net
Mon Jun 29 16:21:33 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I created the mesh (2D) shown below from some CAD model.

The CAD model has a lot of strip-like faces which gmsh meshes very brave
and treats their boundaries as feature curves. Unfortunately, the
surface is later one side of a contact zone in FEM and I suspect these
tiny faces to cause trouble.

The specified minimum mesh size is larger than these strips so this
setting is obviously not enough. Is there a way to make the cells span
these tiny strip faces?

PS: I'm aware there is a repair feature in OpenCASCADE. Although this
removes the strip faces visually, I can no longer mesh the geometry
after repair and only error appear.

Thanks for any hint.

Regards, Hannes