[Gmsh] integration, spikes

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Mon Aug 17 14:42:43 CEST 2020

Be careful with brute-force integration. If you use GetDP would recommend using global quantities, which define such integrals in the "variationally correct" way: see e.g. https://gitlab.onelab.info/doc/tutorials/-/wikis/Electrostatics-with-floating-potentials

> The second: The current density field has few spiky values that I do not know how to cure. Their position seems to be constant, the values seem to change with the grid parameters, and it might be getdp-related.

With a (scalar) potential formulation your current density is defined through the gradient, whose accuracy will depend quite strongly on the mesh quality. You can give the new "HXT" 3D algorithm a try, whose optimizer produces slightly better elements, and see if this improves things.

Christophe