[Gmsh] Question about adding new solver in onelab

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Wed Sep 2 11:06:12 CEST 2020

> On 27 Aug 2020, at 03:15, cean wang <ceanwang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry last post seems not working. It says An HTML attachment was scrubbed..., So I try to post with another email program. Here it is.
>

> I opened myinput.dat with gmsh and clicked on my solver to solver it, got a message saying:
>

> Calling ‘“d:\mysolver.exe” -onelab “mysolver” 127.0.0.1:53927’
>
> Abnormal server termination(Socket listening timeout on socket 127.0.0.1:0)
>

> I was expecting something like Calling ‘“d:\mysolver.exe myinput.dat”. Like run in an terminal.
>

> Just wondering does a normal solver exe could be called directly? Or have to be modified like the Double pendulum in C++ demo solver? But my solver is an Fortran program.

The goal of the ONELAB interface is to provide a simple communication layer between the solver(s) and Gmsh. You could e.g. take the simple Python solver example, and call your Fortran code from there with a simple system call. Since the Python code will have access to the ONELAB parameters, you could use it to generate the input file for your Fortran solver.

Christophe