OpenFOAM is a free, open source CFD software package developed by OpenCFD Ltd at ESI Group and distributed by the OpenFOAM Foundation. To test ONELAB models working with OpenFOAM, a working installation of OpenFOAM on your system is needed. The easiest way to do so, is to install first the ONELAB virtual machine by following these instructions. When done, log in into the virtual machine (username: "olvm", passwd: olvm) and proceed with the Instructions of the next section.
The Virtual machine is configured so OpenFOAM can be installed straightforwardly. You have to be online. Proceed as follows.
- Step 1 - Install OpenFOAM
- Open a terminal and issue the command
- which installs OpenFOAM 2.30 from http://www.openfoam.org. Simply answer "Y" or "y" when asked to. The installations takes a few minutes.
- Step 2 - Download model examples
- The model examples detailed in the next section are downloaded in a directory named
FOAMMODELSwith the command